WiNGS (Women in Need of Generous Support) operates a community space for women. Women come to WiNGS to improve their financial skills, start a business, expand their career or receive parenting supports. The Financial Coach plays a key role in our Economic Advancement Program, working one-on-one with members to address financial issues such as goal setting, money management, credit, debt, saving and accessing funds to purchase assets. Coaches receive intensive Coaching Training through WiNGS, developing knowledge and skills to implement nationally recognized coaching methodologies. In addition to our WiNGS Center at Ebby’s Place location, WiNGS partners with community sites to offer financial coaching. Evening and weekend hours required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Engage in WiNGS’ coaching methodology to assist members in developing financial goals and creating action plans through 1:1 coaching sessions.
- Monitor, document and member progress toward member-driven financial goals; prepare progress reports.
- Maintain a working understanding of industry practices.
- Establish working relationships with community partners.
- Identify and connect members with financial and support products and services including WiNGS tools for savings, credit and accessing benefits.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field preferred; minimum of 2-4 years prior experience working with disadvantaged or at-risk populations, non-profit experience preferred.
- English/Spanish bilingual proficiency is desirable.
- Commitment to WiNGS mission and values including a strong understanding of financial issues and structural barriers for low-income families.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to be an effective and persuasive advocate for WiNGS. Strong, focused attention to detail and ability to complete work with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Commitment to innovation, excellence, and entrepreneurship. Energized to work in an entrepreneurial, environment. Demonstrated commitment to testing and evaluating new ideas, function as a proactive team player, with a willingness to support larger organizational goals.
- Personal qualities of maturity, self-awareness, empathy, flexibility, cultural humility, and an exceptional capacity for team and community building.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation for local travel; out of state travel may be required.
WiNGS offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short- and long-term disability plans and retirement, as well as an environment where your professional growth and advancement are cultivated. WiNGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should download and complete the application. Email the application along with a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to jobs@WiNGSdallas.org. Click here to view the full job requirements and responsibilities.