Nurse Home Visitor / Nurse-Family Partnership
Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) is one of the most successful, evidence- based social and health intervention programs in the nation. The program enrolls and follows first-time, low-income families from early in pregnancy through the child’s second birthday and has proven to produce significant effects on maternal, child and life course outcomes. We serve at least 300 families annually, employing 12 Nurse Home Visitors and 2 Nurse Managers. Each Home Visitor serves between 25-30 families. Reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout Dallas County is required.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide home visits to enrolled, first-time, low-income moms in Dallas County.
- Assess physical, emotional, social, and environmental needs related to health and life course development.
- Provide mentorship and instruction in areas including prenatal and postpartum care, nutrition, parenting, child health care, family planning, and special health problems – using NFP guided curriculum.
- Develop working relationships with families to promote problem-solving competence.
- Promote involvement of other family members in the pregnancy, birth, and early childcare.
- Link women and families with relevant community resources.
- Consult and collaborate with other professionals involved in the woman/child’s care.
- Record nursing activities in accordance with NFP Guidelines.
- Evaluate progress toward NFP goals.
- Assume responsibility for ongoing learning in relation to program implementation.
- Minimum BSN, RN required; Must have current RN license as a registered nurse in Texas.
- Minimum of two years professional work experience with both childbearing women and children, preferably in a community health setting.
- Ability to establish personal relationships with women and families from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
- Maintain Valid Texas Driver’s License and Malpractice Insurance.
- Local travel required; must have reliable transportation and acceptable driving record.
Interested candidates should download and complete the application. Email the application along with a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to jobs@WiNGSdallas.org. Click here to view the full job requirements and responsibilities.