What our Volunteers are saying:
I love the interaction among the participants. I love to hear them say to their classmates, “You taught me something new.”
WiNGS members were able to bond by the 3rd class and I didn’t have to do ice breakers – they started the morning by sharing what they had applied/learned from prior classes with other members. It felt good to see them connecting with eachother and me being a ‘facilitator’ to that.
Join us in our work.
Volunteers make WiNGS work. Our volunteers share their time, passion and expertise to help our members and staff achieve success. Volunteers change lives!
Wants & Wishes.
- Mentor, Coach or Teach: Join the team of men and women who volunteer directly with WiNGS clients. Training is provided.
- Financial Coaches. Work with members ready to take action on their path to a new life. Coaching offers opportunities to work with members individually and in groups.
- Business Mentors. Partner with a future entrepreneur as she builds or refines her business plan. You’ll be paired with someone who can benefit from your experience.
- Class Facilitators. Spend an evening or Saturday teaching a 90-minute continuing education class. From visioning, to couponing, to preparing for home ownership, we’re always looking for create ideas to help our clients continue to grow.
- Donation Drives: Host a drive to collect items for moms, babies, and families. We’ll provide the wish list and creative opportunities to collect the donations.
- Baby Care Kits. Host a drive to collect baby goodies for first-time moms. Bundle the donations into ready-to-go packages for mom – complete with a personal note of support!
- Ready to Read. Donate board books for babies and toddlers. Personalize the gift by sharing a favorite family book or one that simply makes you smile.
- Happy Babies Happy Mamas. Donate diapers, wipes, and baby soap and lotions for new moms and babies. Include a hooded baby bath towel to complete the set!
- Milestone Markers: Help women celebrate accomplishments on their journey to a better life.
- Baby Birthdays. Donate age-appropriate gifts for youngsters. From feeding kids (bowl, spoon, cup & bib) to stacking cups, wooden blocks and puzzles, you can help families celebrate this special day.
- Celebrations. Donate a $15 gift card for moms graduating high school or college. Package with a journal and a personal note of encouragement.
- Welcome Home Gifts. Put together gift baskets for families moving into their first home. Combine picture frames, handy tools, even a flower pot with seeds to decorate the entrance. Be creative!
- Special Events: Serve on a committee, plan activities, or simply attend as a cheerleader.
- Member Graduation. Plan and host a graduation ceremony for women who’ve successfully reached their goals. Plan to attend the ceremony to cheer on graduates!
- Annual Family Celebration: Sponsor an outing for moms, dads, babies and graduates of our Nurse-Family Partnership program. Plan activities. Put together gift bags and special door prizes. This fun event offers interaction with moms and babies. Exclusive sponsorship opportunities available.
- Women’s Enterprise Showcase. Serve on the planning committee for this unique event which features three WiNGS entrepreneurs who pitch their businesses to a distinguished panel of community leaders. Help select panelists, invite guests and identify potential sponsors.
- Mentors & Allies Awards Luncheon. Join the committee that works year-round on this signature fund raising event.
As a WiNGS volunteer.
- You will receive training on our mission, programs and population served.
- Have a choice of assignments based on your interests, expertise and availability.
- Undergo a reference and background check.
To volunteer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-802-5098.