What our Volunteers are saying:
I love the interaction among the participants. I love to hear them say to their classmates, “You taught me something new.”
WiNGS members were able to bond by the 3rd class and I didn’t have to do ice breakers – they started the morning by sharing what they had applied/learned from prior classes with other members. It felt good to see them connecting with eachother and me being a ‘facilitator’ to that.
Join us in our work.
Volunteers make WiNGS work. Our volunteers share their time, passion and expertise to help our members and staff achieve success. Whether you want to help a woman start a business, teach a family to budget, or simply greet guests in our lobby, we welcome you.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Financial Coaching
- Business Mentoring
- Speaking Engagements
- Financial Education & Small Business Related Teaching
- Drives i.e. diapers, safety items
- Events i.e. fundraising and in-house
- Administrative support
- Board Service
- Committee Service i.e. Development, Marketing
- Tailored Opportunities, speak to our Volunteer Manager for more info.
As a WiNGS volunteer:
- You will receive training on our mission, programs and population served.
- Have a choice of assignments based on your interests, expertise and availability.
- Undergo a reference and background check.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering at WiNGS, contact our Volunteer Manager at 214.584.2316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.